[Seaside] Re: Listening to a comet app

Laura Risani laura.risani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:59:53 UTC 2015

Hi,
Thank you Philippe and Paul for your answers.

I'm just trying to build my first rather simple Seaside app based on DWDWS
book, so i'd rather use Comet, for future use i'll consider WebSockets.

I've been trying to run some of the examples at package Comet-Examples ,
but i couldn't put up a streaming server adaptor. I've tried with
WAListenerAdaptor
and ZnZincStreamingServerAdaptor.

In the case of WAListenerAdaptor ...
WAListenerAdaptor sends a msg to HttpRequest who in turn sends
String>>#unescapePercentsWithTextEncoding: which leads to a predebug window
saying
'The method String>>unescapePercentsWithTextEncoding: has been deprecated.
#unescapePercentsWithTextEncoding: has been replaced with ZnPercentEncoder'

In the case of ZnZincStreamingServerAdaptor...
An error 'Improper store into indexable object' is risen coming from
aWAComboResponse
sending
aZdcSocketStream nextPut: $

In both cases i started the adaptors sending to the respective class
#startOn:portInteger. I'm using Pharo v3.
I have loaded Comet , and just in case, Zinc and Kom , sending
ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project stableVersion load:versionString.

Love,
Laura