[Seaside] Re: Grid like entry with autosave

Sanjay Minni sm at planage.com
Sun Jan 11 07:46:40 UTC 2015

Hi

as of now I am putting a quick solution using simple forms
I have put an anchor with callback to del each line and an anchor at and to
add a line (and a new row is displayed and the anchor goes below that)

however the del and and add anchor do not save any changes that have been
done

Ques: - how can I implicitly save the form in the delete and add links
before proceeding to the action

regards
Sanjay

Sanjay Minni wrote
> [...]
> inventory quantities etc 3 digits after the decimal is required and should
> stop at that i.e. no inputs on overflow
>
> regards
> Sanjay
> Johan Brichau-2 wrote
>> Hi Sanjay,
>>
>> Mind that a Seaside brush only determines the html element that gets
>> rendered. If you want to render a date, there is no html element that is
>> ‘best’ to use (and hence no brush that is best to use).
>> Most of the time, a date will be rendered as text, but possibly you want
>> to render some more markup to allow styling via css (i.e. adding css
>> classes). If you want to render the date in an input field, mind that
>> html5 does define a ‘date’ type, but the state of the implementation in
>> current browsers is limited [1].
>>
>> A word of advice: if you manipulate financial data, do not use Floats but
>> Fractions (or ScaledDecimal). Even if the customer says it should not be
>> that precise, do not use Floats.
>>
>> If you want to get going, try to render all textInputs in the table.
>> Next, use jQuery and add the serialization of the text input field on
>> change:
>>
>> html textInput
>> 	onChange: (html jQuery this serializeThis);
>> 	callback: [:val | … ];
>> 	with: value
>>
>> Set anchors for adding lines, removing lines, etc..
>> This will give you a functional page.
>>
>> Now, once the table becomes large or you want snappier client-side
>> behaviour, you will need to step into more javascript and ajax for adding
>> lines, removing lines.
>> Eventually, you will need to use event delegation rather than add a
>> change script to every text input (because the page will become too
>> large).
>>
>> Just go in steps. Iterate and learn new things.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Johan
>>
>> [1] http://caniuse.com/#search=date
>>

>>> On 08 Jan 2015, at 18:06, Sanjay Minni <

>> sm@

>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I have some basic questions while trying to code for a UI below
>>>
>>> 	html table: [
>>> 		self transactions dataLines do: [ :tr |
>>> 			html tableRow: [
>>> 				html tableData:
>> <code here for date>
>>> 				html tableData:
>> <code here for receipt / payout indicator >
>>> 				html tableData: [
>>> 					html textInput value: [:value | tr amount: value]; with: tr amount.
>>> ].
>>> 				html tableData: [
>>> 					html anchor callback: [ self removeTransaction: tr ]; with:
>>> 'delete'.
>>> ].
>>> 				].
>>> 			].
>>> 		].
>>>
>>> Questions given the display will be as per below :
>>> 1. which is the best brush to use for date in this case
>>> 2. which brush to use for amount - this is financial amount usually 2 or
>>> 3
>>> decimals, right justified and the digits are comma ',' separated and
>>> should
>>> I use a float in the model (Using Pharo 4)
>>> 3. what is the usual method to get empty lines below - else I will have
>>> code for an 'add' button
>>> 4. most important - ... so far ... this is not part of a form - what
>>> brushes
>>> / tags should I use if the parent will be a form (there will be other
>>> parts
>>> in the screen above, below and aside the part below
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Sanjay
>>>

>>> Sanjay Minni wrote

>>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/n4798280/GridScreenMockup.jpg&gt;