[Seaside] need advice on application

Sanjay Minni sm at planage.com
Fri Jan 16 13:38:22 UTC 2015

Hi

I need some advice of a very small application that I am putting up on Pharo
3/4+Seaside 3.1
www.uxfin.com
Its kludgy and grossly unfinished as of now

This is to calculate the IRR (Internal Rate of Return or Interest)
In this application the user may enter receipts and Payouts and the system
will backcalculate the Interest Rate that fits
Typically used for home loans, mortgages, returns from investment etc with
odd date and amount schedules which may be tedious thru excel /
spreadsheets,

Here is the advice I am looking for.
1. Most important after I add longish schedule (its can be done thru the
bottom panel) I get an error -> Bad Request ZnTooManyDictionaryEntries. What
does it mean and how to break out of it.

2. How can I trigger a submit in the upper form. - sometime when I move to
the lower form changes made in the upper form are not saved.

3.  What is the suggested brush for Numerical Inputs / Amount fields - I am
using textInput. how do I get formatted numerical input fields to restrict
digits, and limit size before and after decimal

regards
Sanjay

-----
---