[Seaside] JQSortable with LI that I do not render myself

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Jan 17 09:26:48 UTC 2015

Hi Mariano,

My first question is why are you using the bootstrap select to render a list of items? If it’s not a select that you want but a sortable list, why not generate it immediately?

The bootstrap plugin is generating the html based on the html you generated in Seaside.
In this client-side conversion step, the ids and scripts generated from Seaside are not (or cannot be) copied.

You need options in the plugin to pass callbacks. I took a quick look but I don’t see any.
If there are such options (there exist other such plugins), it still is a lot of fiddling on the client-side to hook up the right js callbacks to server-side callbacks, especially if you have more than one select to handle.

But there’s probably a good reason you are trying to do this. If that’s the case, I would try to use event delegation and put event handlers on the parent element of the select.
The plugin is probably generating the li right next to existing select but with the same parent. If that is the case, you can put jQuery event handlers on that parent element (which you generate from Seaside.
Something like:

html div
	script: (html jQuery this) on: ‘click’ do: (html jQuery ajax callback:[ … ])
       with: [ self renderSelectOn: html ]

It probably will require some more complex handling with respect to getting the correct events sorted out…
I did not try these things, so I hope this helps

cheers,
Johan