[Seaside] Re: Seaside and gettext not exporting domain strings

David Carlos Manuelda stormbyte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:30:54 UTC 2015

David Carlos Manuelda wrote:

> Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>
>> You might want to borrow some code from QCMagritte.
>> There we describe our model with Magritte, and use
>> an extra visitor to hide the translated for label, hint
>> and error messages. It also provides a UI.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTut44Xs3_U
>>
>> Stephan
> Hi Stephan, thank you for your answer.
>
> Yes, I've been reading also about QCMagritte, and played with the demo.
>
> Just that it seems to work only with csv import/export, can it work also
> with regular po/pot/mo files from gettext?
OK, I found the solution and I want to share with you all, in case someone
have also this problem.

I ended exploring ConfigurationOfSeaside3 class, because I've read it has
support in 3.1+, and indeed it has.

I evaluated:
( ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable ) load: 'Seaside-Gettext-
Core'.
( ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable ) load: 'Seaside-Gettext-
Examples'.

And noticed that the problem went away.

So this converted to an update request for the wiki maintainers located at
https://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Gettext to update the information,
because following those steps mentioned there will lead to a non working
install of Seaside-Gettext-Core (maybe outdated packages in that repo).