[Seaside] greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:19:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 07/12/2015 07:26 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help
>>> where
>>> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
>>> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...
>>
>> Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:
>>
>> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
>> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820
>>
>> #820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
>> need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
>> WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
>> Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
>> Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.
>>
> Cool ... I've started watching the SeasideSt/Seaside repo, but just in case
> I miss the ultimate checkin, let me know ...
>
> I've got some things in the hopper for Seaside and GemStone/S 3.3[1] . The
> current work is being done in 3.2, but I think 3.3 will be more appropriate
> and I can piggy back the adaptation of your work for GemStone/S with the
> integration of my new work ...

So I just committed WABulkReapingCache. It's intended a session cache
for GemStone/S. It's a wrapper around an RcDictionary. It doesn't do
any on access reaping, it only reaps in #reap which is supposed to be
called by a background process.
I still need to figure out how to plug it in and remove the mutex.

Cheers
Philippe