[Seaside] Re: How to register a WADispatcher derivate?

David Carlos Manuelda stormbyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:38:42 UTC 2015

Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> On 02/03/15 12:25, David Carlos Manuelda wrote:
>> So what I would need is something like register:at: but instead of
>> applications, a dispatcher.
>>
>> ATM, I only know how to create a dispatcher, and manage it, add/remove
>> applications, debuggers and so, but nothing about telling seaside to
>> actually use my dispatcher on a given entry point as string :(
>>

> I think I misunderstood you. What are you actually trying to achieve?
> Subclassing WADispatcher is not often needed/the right thing to do.
>
> Stephan
I noticed that if I do WAAdmin register: aComponent at: '/en/SomePoint' it
creates the 'en' dispatcher for me, and after, registers the application
aComponent inside that dispatcher.

This is more or less what I want, except that I want to have functionality
added to that dispatcher (for example the language variable set).

Also, to be cleaner, if I unregister the application, only "SomePoint" gets
unregistered, while its dispatcher remains, which is not so clean.

That is why I am thinking of subclassing the WADispatcher, so I can add the
functionality, and still control how it registers/unregisters with its
children content programatically.