[Seaside] Re: How to register a WADispatcher derivate?

David Carlos Manuelda stormbyte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:40:03 UTC 2015

Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> On 02/03/15 17:16, David Carlos Manuelda wrote:
>> Encoding the language in the url like /en/foo /es/foo is a better thing
>> to do for SEO for example than having session side initializated.
>
> What are your considerations for choosing to override WADispatcher,
> vs one of the other WARequestHandler subclasses (i.e. WAApplication)?
>
> Stephan
My idea is to process any request under /xx/* in the same app regardless of
the language (same logic).

I register a testing app under /es/test and I realized seaside adds a
dispatcher automatically for me, that is why I thought it could be the way
to go.

But I am starting to see why you said it may not be a good idea, inside
dispatcher I can't seem to configure things like gettext, which I can in an
application.

In theory it would be possible to register an WAApplication subclass
instancein language entry point, like /es and let it handle all the
requests, like /es/foo or /es/bar to decide which component(s) to render?