[Seaside] Re: Concurrent requests from multiple sessions

David Carlos Manuelda stormbyte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:36:22 UTC 2015

wilwarin wrote:

> Does it mean, that most of Seaside projects around have several images
> behind, so user's request is not blocked by another one? Do we have any
> other way to achieve that (instead of combination 'several images & load
> balancing)?

For that I have an idea.

In an experiment, when I was programming my own database connection pool, I
decided to try to have many opened connections in the pool, and use one of
those connections per query.

That could potentially help you into the blocking process.

I mean, while user A is executing operations in connection A, user B can
just grab connection B to execute its own operations without affecting user
A (except if you use transaction and you have locked tables).

That will work also for small operations, when you grab a connection,
execute actions and return the connection to the pool.

Depending on your use case, this schema may help you also without the need
for more images, but I insist, even if you fork the expensive processes,
pharo is still green threaded, so you can't expect it being so responsibe
under such a heavy load.