[Seaside] Re: Concurrent requests from multiple sessions

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 12:40:27 UTC 2015

So, did your previous message indicate that this was still causing a
problem in VAST? And the problem is when your "DO SOME MATH" is running,
other requests to Seaside are not processed quickly/at all?

I've written your example as a single method (best way IMO to share a
problem - if at all possible) and tested it in Squeak Seaside. When the
"DO SOME MATH" is running, processing of other request to Seaside are
delayed, perhaps as much as 1 second. How does this compare to your
experience in VAST and Pharo?

renderContentOn: html

     | t0 |

     html div: [
         html anchor
             callback: [
                 "self getResult."
                 startTime := Time now asString.
                  "<DO SOME MATH>".
                 t0 := Time millisecondClockValue.
                 [(t0 - Time millisecondClockValue) abs < 30000] whileTrue.
                 finishTime := Time now asString.
             ];
             with: 'Click me!'.
     ].