[Seaside] Re: Rest - Ajax request - build file

Sebastien Audier sebastien.audier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 04:48:30 UTC 2015

>  sounds like the sliced and non-sliced versions are posting in somewhat
> different ways.

Yes, sounds like the sliced version is posting in different format. And may
be, Zinc doesn't handle correctly.

> does the sample code below work ok if the data is less than
> BYTES_PER_CHUNK? IOW, is the code ok for a single chunk POST, but failing
> for multiple chunks?

Not only multiple chunks. Even if the file is smaller than the
BYTES_PER_CHUNK limit, it doesn't work.  It doesn't work with just one
request.

What does the receiving code look like? Is it different for the sliced and
> non-sliced versions?

No it's the same method.

> Can you say more about what "return an error" is? Is there a debugger
> stack you could include?

Okay, this is my post method on the handler.

test
<post>
<produces: 'application/json; charset=utf-8'>
| uploadedFile disk file |

uploadedFile := self requestContext request postFields values first.

        "here, uploadedFile is a WAFile if we don't slice the file"

[disk := (FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'ressources' / 'upload').
disk ensureDirectory.
file := ((disk /  (uploadedFile fileName)) ensureFile).
file writeStreamDo: [:str |
str
nextPutAll: (uploadedFile rawContents)]] fork.
^''

when I slice the file, the self requestContext return a signal does not
undestood.

Did you need more informations ?

Thanks again,

--