[Seaside] Re: Creating a date component to avoid repeating code

Sanjay Minni sm at planage.com
Thu Mar 26 17:45:18 UTC 2015

Hi Joachim

I got that and have a date component now,
MyDateComponent with accessors myDate and myDate:

but what is the usual approach to using the component ... will it be a child
component  (seaside book section 12.1) - so I need to
- initialize
- add it as a child in >>children
- html render: dateComponent

the issue will be that if the entry screen is like a table with n rows, each
having a date component then while creating / deleting a row I will have to
sync the entry in the >>children method. or am I totally offtrack here

what is the usual approach to use this component

Regards
Sanjay

jtuchel wrote
> Hi Sanjay,
>
> Subclass WAComponent, implement your render code in renderContentOn:,
> that's basically it.
> It is probably a good idea to add an instvar for the date instance to that
> new Component.
>
> Hth,
>
> Joachim
>
> Am 26.03.2015 11:23 schrieb Sanjay Minni <

> sm@

> >:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I create a date component when I can use at several places.
>> Currently I end up repeating code below wherever I need to accept date
>> (with
>> the JQuery date picker).
>> I would attempt something similar to accept currency (right justified,
>> fixed
>> decimal places and commas)
>> ===
>>     html textInput
>> value: ( tr date printFormat: #(1 2 3 $/ 1 1 2) );
>> placeholder: 'dd/mm/yyyy';
>> callback: [ :value |
> <method>
> : ( Date readFrom: value pattern:
>> 'dd/mm/yyyy' ) ];
>> script: (html jQuery new datepicker
>> autoSize: true;
>> dateFormat: 'dd/mm/yy';
>> changeMonth: true;
>> changeYear: true;
>> onSelect: ( html jQuery ajax serializeThis ) )
>> ===
>>
>> regards
>> Sanjay
>>

>> -----