[Seaside] Mustache template editor (was: WAComponent to PDF)

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Nov 5 09:41:16 UTC 2015

Le 23/10/2015 16:52, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
> On 22/10/15 15:56, Hilaire wrote:
>> I would like to render WAComponents as PDF documents.
>> I took at look at Artefact, but it is an important work to render again
>> the data as PDF with Artefact, not to mention I feel it is a duplicated
>> work. Moreover, I have quite long documents spanning over several pages,
>> some of my tables are complex with some columns spanning over 2 or 3
>> columns and I have about 50 different documents to turn as PDF file.
>
> What are you trying to achieve and how complex are the pages? The
> output quality of html to pdf solutions has always been a bit
> disappointing to me, but I'm used to Framemaker/LaTeX. Line breaking,
> kerning, micro typography are all worse. But that might not be
> relevant for your documents. You could add a canvas subclass that
> generates what you need (LaTeX, rtf, etc) instead, or make an iText
> based webservice. iText offers better paragraph support than Artefact
> currently. Extending Artefact would of course be very welcome, but I
> understand the reluctance to spend that much time.
>
> Stephan

Documents contain long texts, tables, with various colours and font
schemes. Some come with graphics, but I can pass on that for now.

Now, I realize there are too many documents to code it as Seaside
components.

I have been looking at Mustache and it will be part of the equation;
documents should be Mustache template edited by a non technician person,
so it is easier to update when needed. Editing does not need to be
on-line, an html editor could be ok.
I am wondering if some of you ever used Mustache template edited by non
tech person? What tools did you used?

Of course Mustache could generate anything else than html. LaTeX?
Docbook? It is also then a matter of an appropriate editor for non tech
person, as well cpu consumption to generate the final PDF, and
eventually html for on line viewing.

Thanks

Hilaire

--