[Seaside] Re: [Pharo-dev] How to declare a script variable to hold attribute value in jQuery seaside

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Nov 6 10:14:59 UTC 2015

Hi Jayla,

The script you generate executes an ajax call to the server to set the value of ‘data-tab’ and the code after that call was generated with the value of ‘self tabId’ at the time of generation (which was probably nil).
Mind that unless you need the ‘data-tab’ value on the server-side, it does not make sense to pass the value to the server, nor to generate this script with Seaside, but this should work:

html document
		addLoadScript:
			((html jQuery: 'ul.tabs li')
				onClick:
					(html jQuery ajax
						callback: [ :val | self tabId: val ]
						value: (html jQuery this attributeAt: 'data-tab’);
						script: [:s | s <<
                                                 	((s jQuery: 'ul.tabs li') removeClass: 'current'),
						 	((s jQuery: '.tab-content') removeClass: 'current'),
                                                 	(s jQuery this addClass: 'current'),
							((s jQuery id: self tabId) addClass: 'current’)) ]).

The important part to understand here is _when_ the script is generated. If it needs a value from the server, you can only generate it when the server has that value.

Hope this helps,
Johan