[Seaside] "expired session" vs "expired document halder"

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:16:53 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I am developing my own seaside session tracking
subclass WAHandlerTrackingStrategy (which uses cookies but in a different
way)  but I am finding problems to understand a couple of comments and code
I found around. For example:

* "Don't delete the session cookie if we have an expired document halder.*
* Only delete the session cookie if we actually have an expired session."*

And:

*As ususal care has to be taken that this is done only for expired sessions
and not for expired document handlers*

And:

* Some tracking methods may not be appropriate for some kinds of handlers
(eg. a WADocumentHandler should never be tracked using a cookie). Some
requests may have multiple keys (eg. a query field for a WADocumentHandler
and a cookie for a WASession).*

So.. I am not sure what does mean. I am interested in tracking SESSIONS,
not document handlers. And I must clean stuff at session expiration only. I
don't know what the document handler expiration is about nor how to
distinguish it from session expiration. So then I cannot know when to clean
and when to not clean.

Any clarification?

--
Mariano