[Seaside] Encoding on saving html file

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Oct 17 15:26:19 UTC 2015

You might want to look at [1] for a related discussion about this issue.

Instead of getting the stream contents from your context and saving that, try the following:

	| fullDocument |
	fullDocument := WAHtmlCanvas builder
		fullDocument: true;
		rootBlock: [:root | root meta contentType: (WAMimeType textHtml charset:'utf-8') ];
		render: [ :html | html text: 'Ñuñoa' ].

	 '/tmp/test.html' asFileReference writeStreamDo: [ :out | out << fullDocument ].

If you really want to create a text file, how are you saving and viewing that text file once you get the contents from a Seaside document?

Johan