[Seaside] WAComponent to PDF

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Oct 22 13:56:28 UTC 2015

Hello,

I would like to render WAComponents as PDF documents.
I took at look at Artefact, but it is an important work to render again
the data as PDF with Artefact, not to mention I feel it is a duplicated
work. Moreover, I have quite long documents spanning over several pages,
some of my tables are complex with some columns spanning over 2 or 3
columns and I have about 50 different documents to turn as PDF file.

Now I am think about rendering these components on dedicated pages, then
using wkhtmltopdf.
What I would do is get these components rendered at dedicated urls, then
call wkhtmltopdf with these urls as arguments.
Practically how will you do that? How to forge an URL for a page
rendering the component with a dedicated decoration for PDF conversion
(dedicated css, header, footer)?
My initial though is REST. Is it the right direction? Or are there other
options?

Thanks for tips, enlightenment or thought on the matter.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu