[Seaside] WAComponent to PDF

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Thu Oct 22 14:54:04 UTC 2015

Hi Hilaire,

It has been a while since I used wkhtmltopdf to create PDF files from HTML
pages but I liked the way it worked when I did it.  I used a WARenderer
builder (actually it was WARenderCanvas builder at the time but things have
changed and I think WARenderer builder should work but haven't tried it) to
create the page as a full document HTML string and save it as a file.

I would then execute wkhtmltopdf, pointing it to the file, to create the
PDF file.  I could then do what I wanted to with the PDF file, like let the
use download it.

I'm pretty sure wkhtmltopdf was able to do all the CSS stuff from URLs in
the generated HTML file.

I can look up more details if you need them.

Lou