[Seaside] Accepting input from parent & child components

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Tue Sep 8 10:25:49 UTC 2015

> The parent input fields and subcomponent input fields are within the same
> html `form`. However, when I click the submit button (done at the parent
> level), only the input items rendered by the parent are recognized. Any
> inputs provided by the user through the embedded, rendered subcomponent are
> ignored.

I would carefully look at the HTML that you produce here. And then
make sure I don't have nested forms. Remember that if you use Chrome
(and I suspect Firefox and others too), the HTML you see with the
"inspect element" menu does not give you the real HTML. Chrome removes
nested forms. Make sure you look at the raw HTML.

If you say "recognized" I assume you're talking about inputs posted
with the submit, which translates into callbacks processed by Seaside.
If so, your inputs are not in the same form tag or you have nested
form tags.

> Is it possible to do what I'm attempting to do?

Yes, we're doing this a lot, so we can find out what's going on here.

Cheers
Otto