Re: [Seaside] “Remember Me On This Computer” kind of feature for Seaside?

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Sep 21 14:59:49 UTC 2015

> On 21 Sep 2015, at 15:53, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Quick question, has anyone ever implemented a kind of “Remember Me On This Computer” feature in Seaside? If so, any guidelines or code share? :)

I guess it is normally implemented by storing a cookie, when you see the cookie back, you allow a login without further questions. That is a dangerous feature ;-)

I have it implemented, using tokens limited to a week or two, and with cookies limited to the current browser session (i.e. they are not persisted). I needed this to recover automagically from expired sessions. But then you need to implement annotated URLs too (at least some else you end up at the homepage all the time).

Most browsers remember and autofill username/password fields, it works for my Seaside apps. That should be enough and is much safer.

HTH,

Sven