[Seaside] Re: FontAwesome update?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:45:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Torsten Bergmann <astares at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear Mariano,
>
> answer is simple: there is no (magic) script. So far the changes
> between the versions were not much
> and it was easy to update and provide them.
>
> What I usually did:
>  - create a separate new metadata file library and import the updated
> new lib from a directory into Seaside
>    so that the methods for the CSS and fonts are created
>  - the move the methods to the appropriate FontAwesome class (either
> developmont or deployment class
>    or the superclass if shared)
>  - add the necessary extension methods - each one with a test case
>
> May sound like boring work to create a method for each new possibility of
> FontAwesome (and yes it is) -
> but it helped me to go through all the features understand what can be
> done with the framework.
> Sorry if you thought there is magic involved...

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your answer.

I understand now. Sorry, I thought you had as script for that.
Now...let's say I can live with hardcoding the css class of each icon..say:

html span
  fontAwesome;
fontAwesome2x;
      with: [ html span class: 'fa-header' ].

Then...all I would have to do is to update #cssfontawesomeCssContent to the
latest CSS File and I should be ready to go, correct?

Thanks in advance!