[Seaside] MAFileDescription error

Udo Schneider udo.schneider at homeaddress.de
Sat Dec 24 13:40:50 UTC 2016

All,

I have no success rendering uploaded files with Magritte. I used the
following sample description:

descriptionCompiledFiles
     <magritteDescription>
     ^ MAFileDescription new
         label: 'Files' translated;
         accessor: #compiledFiles;
         priority: 41;
         visibleInReport: false;
         kind: MAExternalFileModel;
         yourself

The uploading works find (confirmed by inspecting the dir and model).
However rendering the Magritte Editor doesn't work. From the stack trace
I assume that the method used by Magritte to generate the callback URL
for the file is somehow bogus.

My understanding of the Seaside/Magritte Handler voodoo is too limited
though to debug the issue in this case. Any pointers?

CU,

Udo

MAFileModelHandler(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #key:
WAApplication>>register:
MAExternalFileModel(MAFileModel)>>url
MAExternalFileModel>>url
MAExternalFileModel(MAFileModel)>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
MAFileUploadComponent>>renderRemoveOn:
MAFileUploadComponent>>renderEditorOn:
MAFileUploadComponent(MAElementComponent)>>renderEditorOn:ajaxScript:
MAFileUploadComponent(MAElementComponent)>>renderContentOn:ajaxScript:
[ | childComponent |
childComponent := self childAt: aDescription.
childComponent isReadonly
     ifTrue: [ html render: childComponent ]
     ifFalse: [ | script |
         groupDescriptions
             ifNil: [ script := self
                     createUpdaterFor: aDescription
                     id: anId
                     serialize: (childComponent serializeScriptOn: html) ]
             ifNotNil: [ script := self
                     createUpdaterForList: groupDescriptions
                     id: anId
                     serialize: (childComponent serializeScriptOn: html)
                     group: group ].
         childComponent renderContentOn: html ajaxScript: script ] ] in
QCBGroupedFormRenderer(QCGroupedFormRenderer)>>renderControl:id: in
Block: [ | childComponent |...
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with: in Block: [ self before....
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:
WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
QCBGroupedFormRenderer(QCGroupedFormRenderer)>>renderControl:id:
QCBGroupedFormRenderer(QCGroupedFormRenderer)>>renderControlsFor:id:
[ self renderControlsFor: aDescription id: id ] in
QCBGroupedFormRenderer>>renderControlsFor: in Block: [ self
renderControlsFor: aDescription id: id ]
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in TBSLayoutColumnTag(WATagBrush)>>with: in Block: [ self
before....
BlockClosure>>renderOn: