[Seaside] Re: TableReport slow down

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Jan 1 12:00:12 UTC 2016

Hi Hilaire,

If you are rendering a euro symbol on an html page, it’s probably better to use the html character code:

html encodeCharacter: Character euro
-or-
html html: '€’

It would also be helpful if you report the performance issue you have with some canonical code to reproduce it on https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues>
It might be useful to investigate what happens and if it can be prevented. Though, the page document always needs to be encoded as a utf8 document, so I assume internally a bytestring is used.

happy new year
Johan