[Seaside] Re: TableReport slow down

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Jan 1 21:13:30 UTC 2016

> On 01 Jan 2016, at 16:51, Hilaire <hilaire at drgeo.eu> wrote:
>
> Posted there https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/862
> For me it is all utf8, but it looks like not all along the way...

Thanks for posting that.
Since the slowdown is only in the example where you concatenate the euro symbol to the string before writing it on the canvas, it’s definitely not something we can/should solve in Seaside.
I wanted to make sure if there is anything that slows down the page rendering when there are widestrings being put on the canvas, but it’s clearly not the case.

I think the only solution is to separate the rendering of the object on a Seaside canvas and the Pharo object inspector.
I.e. write a #renderOn: html method on the object which implemented the optimal way of rendering it on a Seaside canvas.

cheers,
Johan