[Seaside] Component vs Application Confusion

Brad Selfridge bsselfridge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:54:29 UTC 2016

I'm trying to work my way through building a Seaside web app, (for learning
purposes), and I'm confused.

I have several questions that don't seem to be explained well in any
documentation (that I can find).

I see in the documentation and code examples where you register each
component that basically represents and new URI on the address bar and that
component is becomes an application.  So:

1. If I have components that I "call" or "show", do I have to or need to
register those components?

2. If I add libraries to a "application component" and then call another
component (assuming the called component is NOT an application"), the called
component does not seem to pick up those libraries from the calling
application component. Is this proper behavior? If not, then how does one
get the called component to pickup those libraries?

-----
Brad Selfridge