[Seaside] Component vs Application Confusion

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Thu Jan 14 19:27:34 UTC 2016

Brad,

you only register a WAApplication for each "entry point" or url that
will be accessed. In that Application you declare the initial component
to be rendered whenever somebody visits this url. Everything else is
simple call:/answer: or show: between components and/or tasks. In many
or maybe even most cases you really just register one Application and
have quiet a few components.  Components that get called don't need to
be registered anywhere.

If you want to provide a set of "files", like CSS, or JS, you also
register one or more WAFileLibraries with your Application. Whatever
this FileLibrary provieds will be added to each and every page in your
Application.

Does that help?

What documentation have you looked at so far?

Joachim