[Seaside] ZINC - Kom dilemma Fwd: WADebugErrorHandler problem

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Jan 18 12:27:30 UTC 2016

> On 18 Jan 2016, at 13:17, Robert Kuszinger <kuszinger at giscom.hu> wrote:
>
> Sven,
>
> thanks for the tip. Actually the UTF problem won't appear with Zinc but I also need to do large file uploads. Zinc resets connection somewhere between 10-19 MB File size. Is there a built-in limitation?

Yes, one of several used by Zn to protect itself from resource abuse (DOS). The default limit is 16Mb.

> Anyway, an idea on how to break through this limit may also help. I need to upload 150-300 MB files regulary with this service. KomHttp did it out-of-the-box.

The limit you are running into is called #maximumEntitySize and can be set with ZnServer>>#maximumEntitySize: - The default limit is 16Mb.

Given an adaptor instance, you can access the server using #server.

So together this would be

  ZnZincServerAdaptor default server maximumEntitySize: 300*1024*1024.

Technically, it would be possible to write a Zn handler that can accept a large upload in a streaming fashion (and save it to a file for example), but I don't think that will happen with Seaside - so you will pull that all in memory.

Let me know how that goes.