Upload large, was: Re: [Seaside] ZINC - Kom ...

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Jan 18 18:34:43 UTC 2016

On 18.01.2016, at 19:24, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:

>> On 18 Jan 2016, at 19:19, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Oh that would be just great. My students would rejoice to no longer see the spurious "503 gateway timed out" messaged ;)
>>
>> Best regards
>> 	-Tobias
>
> Are you referring to file uploads on SS3?

It is not the SS3, it is another system :)

> There, the file is stored inside of Gemstone db, right?

For ss3 on GS, thats right. It actually still works well that way, but we don't have many files
over 6MB, and more and more packages are over at github so I don't see any need to
implement upload improvements there.

On the other system, however, we hat students trying to upload some 300 MB files.
In principle that was fine, but Nginx+FCGI+Seaside took way too long, hence my desire
to use nginx upload.

Best regards
	-Tobias