[Seaside] GRInvalidUtf8Error: Invalid UTF-8 input

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:01:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Hilaire <hilaire at drgeo.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this pdf file (joined here) which always produce this error when
> I try to upload it in Seaside.
>
> It seems to be true whenever the filename comes with non ascii characters.
>
> All in all, it looks likes GRPharoUtf8Codec is wrong in decoding
> filename with non ascii characters.
>
> It happens with Seaside3.1, Pharo4, newest Grease-Pharo30-Core package
>
> When using the Seaside Functional Test Suite / Upload test, the same
> problem occurs.
>
> What did I miss?

A stack trace would be helpful so that we know where error happens.

Also some other information:
- is the web site utf-8?
- what adapter do you use?
- what's the encoding on the adapter?
- what operating system and browser do you use?
- I assume the strange language in the file name is french.

Super helpful would be a tcpdump of the http session but we can do without.

Cheers
Philippe