[Seaside] Re: GRInvalidUtf8Error: Invalid UTF-8 input

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Jun 21 17:31:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 21/06/2016 19:01, Philippe Marschall a écrit :
> A stack trace would be helpful so that we know where error happens.

Sadly there is no trace as the debugger does not popup. Only this error
raised, from GRPharoUtf8Codec>>decode: with a call to the invalidUtf8
method:

GRPharoUtf8Codec>>invalidUtf8
GRInvalidUtf8Error signal: 'Invalid UTF-8 input'

Strangely no debugger pop up, only the error message printed on the
browser, although in other seaside situation I have error. So I insert
an halt to have the attached trace.

> Also some other information:
> - is the web site utf-8?

Yes

> - what adapter do you use?

Type: ZnZincServerAdaptor
Port: 8080
Encoding: utf-8
zinc on port 8080 [running]

> - what's the encoding on the adapter?

> - what operating system and browser do you use?

Linux for the server.
I experienced the issue with Chrome under Windows and Linux
As well Firefox on Linux

> - I assume the strange language in the file name is french.

Indeed :)

Thanks

> Super helpful would be a tcpdump of the http session but we can do without.

I have to learn to do that.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu