[Seaside] Re: GRInvalidUtf8Error: Invalid UTF-8 input

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Wed Jun 22 11:33:32 UTC 2016

Le 22/06/2016 09:40, Philippe Marschall a écrit :
> Ok, it's likely in the server adapter before Seaside actually kicks in
> then. Can you set a break point in GRPharoUtf8Codec >> #invalidUtf8?
>
> My suspect would be ZnZincServerAdaptor >> #convertMultipart:
>
> If you can send us the string it's trying to convert that would be helpful.

The string argument of GRPharoUtf8Codec>>decode:

is

aString ->'Identités certifiées.pdf'

printed as this in the Debugger. As we know Pharo does not use UTF8
internally it is suspect to see an utf8 string correctly printed in
Pharo, right?

Does it looks like a Latin1 ?:

aString  asByteArray do:  [:each|  Transcript show: each hex ;  space]

16r49 16r64 16r65 16r6E 16r74 16r69 16r74 16rE9 16r73 16r20 16r63 16r65
16r72 16r74 16r69 16r66 16r69 16rE9 16r65 16r73 16r2E 16r70 16r64 16r66

So indeed, GRPharoUtf8Codec>>decode: already received a decoded utf8
string to latin1, then obviously fail.

Now looking back in the stack as you suggested, then decoding already
took place at:

ZnMimePart>>fileName
"Pathnames are often silenty encoded using UTF-8,
this is a no-op for ASCII, but will fail on Latin-1 and others"
^ (self detectContentDispositionValue: 'filename')
	ifNotNil: [ :encodedFileName | encodedFileName asByteArray utf8Decoded ]

The timecode of this method is 10/10/2014 from Sven

The second place where the decode takes place is (Zinc-Seaside package):

ZNZincServerAdaptor>>convertMultipartFileField: part
| file |
(file := WAFile new)
	fileName: (self codec decode: part fileName);
	contentType: part contentType printString;
	contents: part contents asByteArray.
^ file

Timecode is 11/14/2014 from Johan, where the decode was added.

This two methods use too different decoding methods (duplication?), one
from the Grease package, the other from ZN package.

My opinion is the Zinc-Seaside package should not try to decode, or
preferably use the ZN decode method (utf8Decoded), but it will bring an
error on already decoded string.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo