[Seaside] How to configure session timeouts (age)

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 01:09:58 UTC 2016

This is the way I do it and it works for me:

app cache expiryPolicy configuration
        at: #'cacheTimeout'
        put: 5 hours asSeconds

That should go in the code you use to register your seaside app (likely
from a class side #initialize).

Let me know if that helped.

Cheers,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Petr Fischer <petr.fischer at me.com> wrote:

> Hello, when starting my image with Seaside app, I have this code in
> startup method:
>
> -----
> WAMySeasideApp>>startUp: resuming
>         WAMySeasideApp waApplication
>                 preferenceAt: #maximumRelativeAge
>                 put: 18000. "5 hours"
>         WAEFTTasksApp waApplication
>                 preferenceAt: #maximumAbsoluteAge
>                 put: 86400. "24 hours"
>         ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.
>
> WAMySeasideApp>>waApplication
>         ^ WAAdmin defaultDispatcher handlerAt: 'my-seaside-app'
> -----
>
> This "maximum age" session parameters are correctly showing in seaside
> config web app, but every seaside session is still 30 minutes.
>
> What is proper way to configure session timeouts (age), dynamically, via
> code?
>
> Thanks, pf

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com