[Seaside] how to stopInterval which was created by JSObject>>interval:

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 14:35:01 UTC 2017

Every time you call setInterval() or setTimeout() it returns its
internal ID of the newly created interval/timeout.

To stop it  you should call window.clearInterval(intervalId).

I guess you could do it by assigning the function to a variable like

html div
script:
  (
    (html jQuery id: anId) load
       html: [ :r | ...show the report file... ];
       interval: 2 seconds) assignTo: 'myVariable' ).

And in other event handler you call:
html anchor
  jsUrl;
  onClick: (JSStream on: 'window.clearInterval("myVariable"));
  with: 'Stop interval'.

Code not tested on my computer, but that should give a hint of where to look at.

Regards.

Esteban A. Maringolo