[Seaside] How to asynchronously update view from model

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:32:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for reviving this old thread. I was thinking how to solve a particular
> problem and I was also thinking on Comet.
> Does someone know the state of it?

I would generally recommend against using it. It's an implementation
of the "forever iframe". This has been superseded by server-sent evens
(which are amazing but don't work on IE) or WebSockets. In addition
it's no longer maintained so you're on your own.
AFAIK there are two WebSockets implementations out there, one for
WebClient and one for Zinc. If you're on one of those I would look
into integrating those. Unfortunately we do not yet have out of the
box for this in Seaside but you should be able to get hold of the
underlying request object and then switch to the proprietary API.

Cheers
Philippe