[Seaside] Is there a way to autogenerate WAFileMetadataLibrary based on a directory?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:24:32 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I see some libraries using WAFileMetadataLibrary subclasses. For example,
Code Mirror. I have copied it's design, but have to manually create all the
intermediate methods such as:

themesdarkCss
^ WAFileLibraryResource
filepath: 'themes/dark.css'
mimeType: (WAMimeType main: 'text' sub: 'css')
cacheDuration: (Duration days: 0 hours: 0 minutes: 30 seconds: 0)
contents: (GRDelayedSend receiver: self selector: #themedarkCssContent)

Aside from that, I also must keep a #fill kind of class side method where I
autogenerate the contents for each file...something like this:

themes := basePath , 'themes/'.
self faAddFileAt:  themes, 'dark.css' selector: (#theme , #darkCssContent)
asSymbol.

So....it's really a pain when I have to wrap a big library that has many
images, javascript and css files split across different directories etc.

Is there a way to autogenerate this WAFileMetadataLibrary subclass with all
methods created? Something like:

WAFileMetadataLibrary autogenerateFrom: ''/Users/mariano/myLibrary/' into:
MyLibraryFilelibrary.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano