[Seaside] Pharo 6 and Seaside

olivier auverlot olivier.auverlot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:41:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I try to install Seaside on Pharo 6 but the installation procedures fail.

If I use the Catalog Browser and I choose to install the stable version of
Seaside3, I get a error message but no description of the problem. The
installation is simply not possible.

If I use the method described on the Seaside website:

Gofer new
    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main
';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.

Seaside seems installed but I can't launch the Seaside Control Panel. I get
the error message "KeyNotFound: key #NewListModel not found in
SystemDictionary".

If I try to install all the Seaside packages:

Gofer new
    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main
';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load:
'CI'.

I get the error message "Could not resolve: Zinc-Seaside".

Someone have a method to install Seaside in Pharo 6 ?

Best regards
Olivier :)