[Seaside] WAStreamingResponse or WAComboResponse for a single callback?

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Thu Jan 5 23:24:23 UTC 2017

Hi Seasiders,

I have a callback that downloads a file which works perfectly until the file size becomes to large and it runs out of memory.

My response method looks like this:

response
    attachmentWithFileName: target name;
    contentType: target mimeType;
    binary;
    doNotCache.
  target
    readOnlyFileDo: [ :file |
      [ file atEnd ]
        whileFalse: [
          | byteArray |
          byteArray := ByteArray new.
          file read: 4096 into: byteArray.
          response stream nextPutAll: byteArray.
          response flush ] ]

I can see that a WABufferedResponse does nothing with #flush so I’m wanting to use either the WAComboResponse or the WAStreamingResponse for this callback. However, I can’t see how to configure a single response to use either of these classes.

From what I can see, it looks like the response is configured in the server adaptor. Since this single download callback is the only request that needs to stream it’s response, is there a way to use a WACombeResponse or a WAStreaming response for one particular callback?

Cheers,

Jupiter