[Seaside] How to define the duration of my sessions

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:42:28 UTC 2017

Hi Petr,

I have already a solution for redirect to login page  and show message
after session was timed out in the browser.

I want to log in a file on the server each login and logoff of the users.
Login no problem, logoff with logoff button either.
But hose sessions which are not terminated by the user (not clicking on
"logout") would not be logged so far.

For this reason I wanted to log them when their session was timed out (also
if the user does not come back and finds its session dead, e.g. if the user
simply closes the browser or shutdown the system).

As far as I understand now after reading this post
 http://forum.world.st/Seaside-sessions-not-being-either-
unregistered-or-GCed-td4835659.html#a4835753

this is not done immediately after my defined timeout e.g.
anApplication configuration at: #maximumRelativeAge put: 3600.

and also not in >>unregistered

but only when the garbage collection finds this session or so....

So I don't have a solution for the "log-when-session-ended-without-logoff"
yet.

Regards
Sabine