[Seaside] How can I make this kind of redirect in Seaside?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:01:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Philippe Marschall <
philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Ley's say I have a root component registered in /registration which takes
> > care of user registration. Inside a callback of a button ('Register') I
> want
> > to redirect to /reps (my real app prefix) which is associated to a
> different
> > root task which renders the welcome/login window from which you enter to
> the
> > app.
> >
> > What I want is to "auto-login" after register. So I need to make a
> redirect
> > from /registration to /reps but auto-getting a session for that root task
> > etc. I guess the way to do this is to simulate getting a session and make
> > the redirect  to /reps_s=...
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Maybe you can take some ideas from WARestfulComponentFilter >>
> #startSessionWithRoot: you can use #rootComponent: switch the root
> component.

Hi Philippe,

Thanks, that did work nicely. The only thing that took me some time to
figure out is HOW to build the methods with the pragmas. There was no
subclass of the filter as an example. I had to search lot in mailing lists
until I come up with a working method example. I ended doing something like
this:

userRegistration
<get>
<path: '/registration'>
self startSessionWithRoot: MyComponent new.

If we can add that into the class comment it would be cool.

Thanks!

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com