[Seaside] Application level state

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Wed Jul 19 16:39:00 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I have subclassed WASession to add my own session specific state. I would like to do the same for WAApplication. However, I have read in the mailing list that WAApplication is not supposed to be subclassed.

I tried using preferenceAt:put: to set my root model object. However, I get WAAttribute not found. This feature seems to be for configuration purposes, mostly simple data types and classes.

So far I used the singleton pattern, a class variable in my root object model class. But now I would like to register the same component class twice using different context paths.

What is the most idiomatic way to achieve this in Seaside?

Cheers,
Bernhard