[Seaside] Application level state

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 18:45:19 UTC 2017

> Hi Esteban,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> What I would like to achieve is to have two independent instances (completely independent data) of the same application (code) in the same image, accessible through different context paths. The applications share all the code but should not share any data, e.g. each instance would have their own users etc.

> To make my own global registry is a definitely a way to achieve this. However, I wondered if there might be a better way using Seaside facilities.

Then you should use a regular Seaside Session for that and have your
own "application" class whose instances will be referenced by each
separate session in a 1:1 relationship (each session will have it's
own application instance).

You could achieve something similar using WARequestFilters, but I find
it convoluted when you can simply create your own WASession subclass.

Esteban A. Maringolo