[Seaside] immediate display alert to user while Ajax request

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:39:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

while generating reports, I want to show the user some kind of information
about the status of the report generation. After each step, I want to alert
him about the status. Alert is only an example for reducing the problem
here.  will use the mdlSnackbar for it.

When he clicks on "create reports", an alert should show before the first
step and then after each next step. In my reduced example below, the alerts
are all shown at the end, AFTER the script.

How can I do this, I don't get it and could need some help...
Sabine

reducedExample>>html mdlButton
onClick: (html jQuery ajax
script: [ :script |
self session reportModel: RKAReportHead new.
script alert: 'Reisekosten' inspect.
RKAPDFWriter new createCostReports: self session.
script alert: 'Belege' inspect.
RKAPDFWriter new createReceiptReports:  self session.
script alert: 'Fahrten' inspect.
RKAPDFWriter new createVehicleReports:  self session.
script alert: 'Buchungen' inspect.
RKAPDFWriter new createBookingReports:  self session ]);
with: 'test'