[Seaside] ThreadPool with Seaside - how?

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:09:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

[1] Paul and Ramon suggested to use the ThreadPool [2] to me.
I want to replace my forked code for generating reports with it.

When trying to use it within my seaside application, I have a problem.
I reduced the Problem to this:

-> this works, a simple in inspector pops up
html mdlButton
onClick: (html jQuery ajax script: [ :script | [ #simple inspect ]
queueWork ]);
with: '0'.

-> this does not work.
The generation of my reports needs the sessions objects.
Also, calling another method of the session does not work.

html mdlButton
onClick:
(html jQuery ajax
script: [ :script | [ self session inspect ] queueWorkAndExpireIn: 25
seconds session: self session ]);
with: '1'

Did I miss something?
Paul, thank you for updating [3] a few days ago

[1] http://forum.world.st/immediate-display-alert-to-
user-while-Ajax-request-td4956083.html#a4956534

[2]  http://onsmalltalk.com/2010-07-28-a-simple-thread-pool-for-smalltalk
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/ThreadPool/packages/ThreadPool