[Seaside] Seaside and HTTPS (for testing locally)

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:28:43 UTC 2017

On linux or mac, for development, and if you don't want to redirect through
nginx or apache, you can make a self signed cert:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-an-ssl-certificate-on-nginx-for-ubuntu-14-04

And make a subclass of ZnZincServerAdaptor with #defaultZnServer overridden
like so:

ZnZincSecureServerAdaptor>>defaultZnServer
   ^(ZnSecureServer on: self port)
	certificate: '/home/sven/ssl/key-cert.pem';
	logToTranscript;
	yourself.

And then start it with:

	| adaptor server |
	adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.
	server := adaptor default server.
	server
		register;
		debugMode: true.

And report back if it fails as I haven't tested the above but it should
work. YMMV etc etc etc

Torsten Bergmann wrote