[Seaside] Someone having tabs with Seaside html+js cached on localStorage?

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:26:44 UTC 2017

I guess he's not using visibilty to avoid loading the contents of all
tabs at once.

But once loaded I'd do what Johan suggests, only using show/hide of
each tab content (which is loaded on demand).

A more, maybe overkill solution, would be to save on client side when
was the last time you switched to that particular tab (if you have a
way to identify it), so when the user moves between tabs you don't
force an update unless there was certain time since the last update (1
m, 5m, whatever) or, of course, it was the first time you opened the
tab. This way if the click occurs before the update threshold, then
you simply perform a show() on the clicked tab and hide all the
others, if not then you AJAX load its updated contents.

This would have the drawback of having a bigger DOM in the memory of
the client, since each tab, once opened, will remain in the DOM until
closed. But even with a big DOM tree, browsers are optimized for such
scenarios.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo