[Seaside] Http POST problems

David Pennington david at totallyobjects.com
Mon Mar 13 22:21:44 UTC 2017

I asked recently if there was a way to do a POST through Seaside but didn't get an answer.

I have worked at it and got it going but I am confused abut a few things. My Web Page that is the target for the POST is subclassed from WAComponent. I have two issue that I have had to deal with.

The first is that processing of the POST incoming data requires two instance variables to exist - seasideMimeDocument
seasideMimeDocumentType

I had to add these to my top level class and then everything seemed OK except that the data was missing.

In the WARequest object there is a variable called postFields so someone had foreseen the need for handling a POST  but this field is empty.

There is a field in the headers called content_type and for now I have replaced the more usual "application/json" with my json data and I can get it from there.

Can anyone give me a clue what I can do to fix this?

David