[Seaside] Server freezes when debugger opens

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Sat Nov 25 14:07:50 UTC 2017

David,

If I understand correctly, you run a development image, not a packaged
headless image.

First, to understand your situation: what happens if you resume the
debugger? I can confirm that no Seaside requests are being handled as
long as you have a debugger open. Once you resume or close the debugger,
requests are being served again.
If that is not the case, I am not sure what you can do.

So what you need to do then is keep the debugger from popping up (maybe
based on some conditions like System>>#isRuntime). Seaside offers Error
handler components to do exactly that. Seaside comes with several such
handlers, some display an error page, some open a debugger. You can
subclass them and implement your desired behaviour.

As a starting point, look at Class WAHtmlErrorHandler.

What's important is that you register the Error Handler in your Seaside
Application when you start things up:

app := (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: somPath').

app exceptionHandler: MyExceptionHandlerClass.

HTH,

Joachim

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1