[Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTesting recovered from oblivion

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:04:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

I spend some days last week woking with the guys of AFI (http://afi-sa.fr <http://afi-sa.fr/>, yes they also use Pharo in some of their projects) and together we recovered SeasideTesting from Davis Shaffer to be used for their TDD experience.

you can check it out here: https://github.com/Afibre/SeasideTesting <https://github.com/Afibre/SeasideTesting>

What’s SeasideTesting? A package to test Seaside components.
Why we do not use Parasol? Because it is based on selenium and that makes the process slow.
Where can I know more?
	- there is some documentation here (for VW, I think): http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/TestingComponents/TestingComponents.html <http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/TestingComponents/TestingComponents.html>
	- some slides here (on squeak): http://esug.org/data/ESUG2005/Wednesday/2005-ESUG-Shaffer.pdf <http://esug.org/data/ESUG2005/Wednesday/2005-ESUG-Shaffer.pdf>
	but all that is old. Best way is to just install and see the tests, as always,

cheers!
Esteban