[Seaside] Better selectors for jQuery script builders

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:41:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

>From some time now, I want to have a consistent naming criteria for the
selectors that return a JSObject or a JSFunction, and I'd like to know
other ideas about naming them.

I name all the HTML rendering methods with the `renderSomething...On:`, so
"render" is always the prefix and the canvas (html) the last argument
(being it a single argument, or more than one).

And because of that I don't want to use 'render' as a prefix for the
methods that create a script.
So lately I'm using the "create...On:" pattern for these selectors.

E.g. when you have something like:

renderContentOn: html
   html anchor
      onClick: (self createClickScriptOn: html);
      with: 'Click to toggle'.

createClickScriptOn: html
    ^(html jQuery id: 'foo') toggle

What is your criteria, if any, for this?

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo