[Seaside] Problem with visited links

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Sep 15 11:57:15 UTC 2017

> On 15 Sep 2017, at 13:44, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I think that would be easier than hand-crafting the urls, unless you
>> implement a complete ‘Seaside-Router’ package, which would be very
>> interesting of course.
>
> I've been thinking about something similar for a while, but isn't the
> current "routing like" resolution done by the Session/Components
> lookup?
> It would involve a rewrite of the whole lookup. Maybe food for thought
> for 4.0? :)

The way React-Router v4 works does feel like it would a good addition to Seaside.
What it boils down to is that the component tree of your application is determined by the url in the request.
I think it would be compatible but it would be limited to a special kind of WAComponent, as it would be Seaside-Router that is determining how components are wired and rendered.
Seaside has a lot more flexibility in general on how you do that.

I might be cryptic here (and possibly wrong ;) but if you take a look at React Router v4, I think you will feel the same.
But it’s not on my radar to do so.

cheers
Johan